Swift 4 and iOS 11: Building a Store Front App
There are two similar courses on this:
- PIRATE BAY (Complete) in Swift - THIS COURSE. This is intended for true beginner in Swift development. The FIRST HALF of the course will start with Swift fundamentals and progressing with introduction to different types of View Controllers. The SECOND HALF is building the PIRATE BAY app from scratch.
- PIRATE BAY (App Only) in Swift. This is intended for Swift developer that has some experience in Swift development and would like to jump start their development skills by building a true complete fully functional app from scratch. The course assumes you have some knowledge on basic Swift development using storyboard.
Being a self taught iOS developer, I found it very challenging in my early iOS development days to design and develop a fully functional app. I learned bits and pieces from books, podcast, and sometimes YouTube videos. One of the challenges were learning how to best use all types of view controllers available within iOS SDK. In addition to that sometimes I simply not aware of the features that were readily available to use to deliver the app functionality that I wanted to build.
Based on those experiences, I created this hands-on iOS development with Swift 3 and iOS 10. The focus on this Swift course is to get familiar with many different types of VIEW CONTROLLERS in iOS framework that are available and serving different purposes depending on the app functionalities that we want to deliver.
We will be using all kind of new syntax and development approach toward this course. To name a few of the topics that you will be learning:
- Swift Fundamentals
- Auto Layout and Size Classes
- Introduction to Core Data
.. and we will not stop short of only learning those individual topics with only developing small and simple app here and there. As the masterpiece of this course, I will take you on developing Pirate Bay application.
Pirate Bay is an eCommerce type application like Amazon, specialized in selling pirates related product. We will implement all the topics we have learned on the first half of the course and put them into action. We will start with a clean project and clean storyboard. Along the way, you will learn more Swift development approach:
- Keyboard Notification
- Multiple types of view controllers in a single scene
- Multiple collection views in a single scene
- IBDesignable and IBInspectable
- Automatic page sliding
- Custom XIB
- UITableViewController with static and dynamic view
- Multi sections tableview controller
- MVC with Service Layer (MVVM)
- Dynamic buttons
- Shopping cart singleton
- Protocol and delegate
- Popover Presentation Controller
- Alert Controller
- Form Sheet
- Container View
- Picker View
- Unwind Segue
- Storyboard Reference
Those are things we will be dealing with in this Pirate Bay app. The app will target the latest iOS 10 with Swift 3 and I do hope you are up to the challenge.
- 25 hours on-demand video
- 8 Articles
- 111 Downloadable Resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion