VB.NET with VS 2017 and Windows Forms
Most Important Thing: Please take the time to watch the free preview videos so you can be sure my style of presentation, the pace of presentation, and the overall feel of the course are truly what you are looking for.
This is a course for those who are willing to push themselves. It's not a "basic" introduction that gives an overly simplified perspective on VB. In places, this code connects to the .NET framework, which is a professional level code base written in C#. My promise is simple: take this course, and you'll discover details not taught in any other course. Speaking from experience, I can tell you that it is through consistent, daily effort, and I don't mean little effort, but whole-hearted effort, that one makes progress when it comes to these technical subjects. That's what years of struggling have taught me.
Who should join:
- This course uses the latest preview version of Visual Studio 2017
- This course jumps into object oriented programming early so you can see real VB as soon as possible.
- This course provides detailed explanations, so please be sure you enjoy fine detail before enrolling
- If you are looking for fast, superficial explanations, and five minutes videos, this course will NOT help you
- There are videos on what happens in your computer memory and how the .NET Framework and C# connect to VB.NET
- When I delve into the .NET Framework source code, you will also see C# in operation, and therefore the code will be complex.
- Clear, crisp audio done with a studio microphone
- Review questions are now embedded directly into the videos at different points, and there many of them in the videos
- You will not see videos on things like printing 1,2,3,4,5 using a loop because this has little practical value
- You will see more practical videos on things like using loops to read files/write files
- The videos are straightforward code examples, with no talking head or distracting graphics
- Some of my explanations step through the code line by line using the debugger, so if you are impatient, this likely will not work for you
- There is a text editor project on the bottom
- You also learn about the practical implications of polymorphism and interfaces
- I also show you how to use a variety of features in Visual Studio 2017
- You can adjust the playback speed on the player very easily to 0.5, 0.75, 1.25,1.5 and 2 times the regular speed so you can learn at a pace that truly works for you
Who Should Not Join:
- People who want to learn VB.NET through console programs
- Those who are not ready to be exposed to object-oriented programming
- People who want five minute videos would not be the right fit for this course
- People who do not enjoy detailed explanations would not be the right fit for this course
- People who do not want to answer review questions would not be the right fit for this course
- People who are not willing to do whatever it takes to push their skills higher
- 13 hours on-demand video
- 1 Article
- 53 Downloadable Resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion